USB is basically a secondary device used for data sharing and data storage, as it is rewritable and portable. It makes file sharing from one system to other very fast and easy. There are some reasons and occasions when some viruses corrupt USB drive. So you can follow these easy steps to format USB drive in CMD.
You can format USB by using a command prompt -CMD which is best method. USB can be format in CMD by two methods, by simple format command and Diskpart command.
First method by using Format Command
- Type CMD in search bar and open Command prompt.
- Open Run app by pressing Windows key+R.
- Then open Command prompt.
- Next USB drive and Plug in into port.
- Format USB by typing /q /x H:
- Press enter after checking Drive letters of USB.
- After appearing a message press enter again.
- If you desired to enter volume label press /v:
- Press enter only if you don’t need to enter volume label.
- Next system will format USB.
Second Method by using Diskpart Command
- Open Command Prompt and run the administrator.
- Take USB and Plug in into port.
- Next we need to use Diskpart by writing diskpart.
- After writing diskpart press enter.
- Write command list and system will show you a list.
- You need to identify your drive from this list.
- Press enter after typing your disk number.
- Type clean to execute clean command and press enter to format USB.
- Type create partition primary to create primary partition.
- Next type format fs=ntfs quick.
- Type Diskpart>assign to drive letter.
- In final step type exit to Exit the command prompt.
I hope these methods will make you easy to Format USB in CMD.
You may like our posts: